Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Glynnis's Quilt

This quilt has no real category. It's not a t-shirt quilt or a necktie quilt or a wedding dress quilt or a baby quilt. Glynnis asked me to make a quilt out of her late father's shirts. So I did.

When I started I wasn't sure there would be enough material for a two-sided quilt.

Here's the first side, finished over Christmas break

And here's the second, also finished over Christmas break.
Boy was I wrong about there not being enough material.

There was enough material that instead of buying fabric to do the binding,
I just used scraps of the shirts.

And it turned out really cool.



In my humble opinion, anyway.

Quilts By Kate

All quilts by kate are one-of-a-kind originals. A quilt like this would be priced at $200.

Finished Feb. 2012

No comments: