Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Lynn's Quilt


 This is the most unconventional quilt I've ever done (including the one that incorporated boxer shorts).  Lynn got in touch with me to say that her beloved dog Stormy had recently passed and she was wondering if I could make a quilt out of Stormy's clothes, blankets, toys, etc.

I had never done a quilt even remotely like this before but I thought it couldn't be much different from working with people clothes, right?

So I started working.  The clothes were adorable and I decided that I couldn't cut them up.  Instead I appliqued them onto the sheets and towels.






When it came time to do the back, it turned out to be just as unconventional as the front.  Lynn asked me to accommodate Stormy's toys so I created two rows of pockets for the toys to hang out.


It looks like they're at a slumber party, doesn't it?




All quilts by kate are one-of-a-kind originals. A quilt like this would be priced at $650

Finished January 2014

No comments: